Thursday, November 1, 2007

Snow Globe

Do you ever feel like you are standing outside of your life and watching it or how you wish it would be?
I see my life one way and I stare at it in a snow globe placed in my cupped hands.
Everything seems so pleasant, just the way I like it. Really this is not my life.
Not even comparable. I am grateful for all the things I have and all the experiences I've encountered but is inner happiness even fully attainable?
I know I have come a long way from my days in grade 10 of daily tears but I just long for completion.
I remind myself that life is not a goal with a prize at the end, it's a journey to enjoy along the way.
It feels like I am waiting and working for something that I'm already blind to.
Maybe in my dreams I will shake the globe so things don't seem so perfect after all.

No comments: